Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Blog Conclusion

Just wanted to write a quick final post for this blog.  I am currently working on a summary paper which will be uploaded to the blog as a  new page when it is finished in the next couple of weeks.

I have learned a lot from conducting this project, and have caught a fascinating view into economic concepts being applied to real world problems. Recorded music is something that I am an avid follower of, and delving into the process of preservation, production, and public release has really provided me a lot of insight into an industry where I have until now played the role of relatively ignorant consumer. The scope of applications of work I was doing was also quit unexpected; I never realized how much overlap there is between the various copyright based medium industries (print, music, film, art). There is much more work that can be done on this subject and I sincerely hope that someone will be able to pick up where I left off. Always more data to gather, and new lessons to learn. Being able to work on a relevant and personally intriguing topic as my senior cumulative project has been very rewarding, and I feel as though I have gained a much better conception of applications of economic topics as a result.

1 comment:

  1. There is a typo in the above you should change - 'quit' where you meant 'quite'.

    If possible, on the paper it would be good to send me a first draft for reactions, get comments, and then respond to those. It's that rewrite which should be posted.

    Here are some lessons for me. First, you are a good and eager student, receptive to suggestions but also willing to make judgments on your own. This sort of project might not work with other students. As you know, I tried to get a couple of other students interested in this subject, but it didn't go anywhere. Second, I enjoyed the kibbitzing I gave you in comments, though I am less sure whether they were helpful to you or not. If you are to be largely self-directed then it may not be possible for me to know whether the feedback I provide is useful to you. Third, the blog structure for the project seems to be a reasonable one, but I would be interested in learning more about the Goldilocks problem as far as frequency of posts - is weekly not frequent enough, too frequent, or just right? This same issue came up in the class we had in the fall. There commenting by students was required in addition to posting. I don't know whether that would make sense for this project or not.

    ReplyDelete